Saturday, September 22, 2012

I am so glad this insanity is beginning to come to more people's attention before the election.

Obama and his EPA are about to shut down 36,000 megawatts of electricity production over the next three years.

Someone who works in the industry has pithily commented:


"Look, folks, I am in this field. I have been for more than 30 years. Losing 36,000 MWs of the most cost-efficient generation capacity in the US is a disaster. You have no idea how bad the increases are going to be. They will be disastrous to the individual energy consumers and apocalyptic to large users – those who create jobs.
I shudder to think of what this is going to do to grid reliability as well. A lot of those coal plants help support the grid during disruptions. They regularly provide both energy and MVARs (Mega Volt-Ampere Reactive) that keep the grid from collapsing when large loads are added or lost. (That’s about as simple as I can make it and still be understood.) Losing these stabilizers will make it very hard to hold the grid. I pity the load dispatchers.
Trust me, people, this is a very big, very bad thing that is happening as a direct result of Barack Obama’s war on coal."

No comments:

Post a Comment